Monday, December 1, 2008

Future hope


Even though I couldn't vote in the U.S. elections, I was rooting actively for Obama. It was a source of some debate between my sister and I, she of the firm right while I was more left of center.

I was attracted by the promise of change especially change for a more accommodating social agenda in contrast to the discriminatory "Christian" platform of the past eight years. The world is weary of the America leading from the bully pulpit, a position that has only hardened the resolve of enemies and isolated friends.

But I am rooting for Obama more for his promised economic agenda. Any improvement in the American economy would have an immediate impact on the Philippine economy, notably in our electronics export sector, among our top five employers.

I hope my faith will be rewarded.

No comments: