Thursday, January 10, 2008

On Four Eyed Monster

I just watched this YouTube movie that apparently has been getting much attention from the indie film set. The movie is titled Four Eyed Monster, with the four eyes referring to people in "couple-dom". Contrast that to jealousy, the three eyed monster. I guess one of them is winking...in jealousy.

In any case, I didn't get the movie. I guess I just found the story too angst-driven, too obsessed or self-obsessed, with the characters unable to process feelings and words . Is it a New York thing to have that feeling of isolation, of being alone in the crush of millions?

Watching the movie for me was significant though; I don't really like to sit still for more than 30 minutes especially for movies. I guess I just feel that there is something else or somewhere else for me to do or be. Probably the movie was compelling enough for me to see it through...ok, not really since I was occasionally flipping between it and my Facebook page and Yahoo accounts.

In any case, I will attach the URL here for everyone else to view, judge, enjoy, critique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8rRFFi_stY

No comments: