Tuesday, January 1, 2008

First day of work blues

I had psyched myself to face the new year by writing down my January objectives on my new Starbucks planner (sucker!!!), updating my Facebook shout-out to reflect my eagerness, and laying out my clothes for the day. I woke up at 5:15 A.M. to get myself into the office early and to avoid the fine for violating "coding"; I even packed breakfast and took my coffee to go so as to get out earlier. So, as the saying goes, I left home "with a song in my heart yadda yadda yadda"...

...only to be told that most of my colleagues have decided to take an extra day off today to finish off their residual vacation leave days! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! I could've slept in then watched the new episodes and cartoons of Nick the whole darn day!

P.S. But then, I would've missed back-to-back RPM and Cycling classes later on today. Again, that silver lining...

No comments: